Show & Tell
An onsite tour of Wilmington Schools showcasing the amazing things our teachers are doing, including our 1:1 program and our extensive use of G Suite for Education. Our teachers want to share their knowledge, skills, and experiences with other educators.
Our Show & Tell Tour is reserved for teachers and staff of other K-12 School Districts. Sorry, this event is NOT open to the general public.
Next Tour Date: November 5th, 2019
Since space will be limited, please reserve your spots as soon as possible and we will confirm your registration. We welcome up to five team members from each district. Please ensure each person submits a separate registration.
Agenda Highlights Include:
- Welcoming address by Dr. Jeffrey Matty, Superintendent, and Mr. Michael Wright, HS Principal
- Classroom Visits / Breakout Session (main event)
- The majority of the day’s event is spent in classrooms of your choosing. Each will showcase a different tool, technique, or approach to educational technology.
- Additional sessions include:
- Teacher & Student Panels
- Best practices for 1:1 piloting and project planning
- Teacher presentations
- Special guests include:
- Anna Logan (Alma SIS)
Some of the many technologies/topics to be shown and demonstrated:
- Chromebooks (in a 1:1 environment)
- Viewsonic Interactive Classroom Touch Displays
- Relay Web-filter and Relay classroom monitoring
- G Suite for Education (Google Classroom, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- Alma - Student Information System
- Spider Learning
- Peardeck & Kahoot!
- Doctopus & Rubric
- Sphero Robotics
- Lego EV3 Virtual Lab
- Google Expeditions Virtual Reality
- Plasma Cutting CNC engraving, 3D printing, Laser Engraving
- Student Technology Team (SWAT - Students Working to Advance Technology)
Additionally, Technology administrators who attend may learn about behind-the-scenes aspects of chromebook deployment, management. and repairs, wireless strategies, and more.
Registration is now open!
Reserve your seat now before all are filled!
ACT 48 Credits
ACT 48 credits can be acquired by attending this event; however, the recipient's district must approve and grant them. Teachers should contact their school administration for approval. Upon leaving our event, certificates of attendance will be provided. These can be submitted to their employing district for approval and processing.
THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXAMPLE AND MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Final agendas will be emailed to registered guests a few days before the event.
|TIME||PURPOSE / TOPIC||LOCATION|
Meet & Greet
Light Breakfast (Sponsor Provided)
|7:35 —7:41||Welcome Presentation||Resource Center|
|8:00—11:41||Breakout Session (main event)||Various Classrooms|
Tech Break / Free Time
(Catch up on work email)
|11:50—12:30||Lunch (Sponsor Provided)||Resource Center|
“A Deeper Dive”
(or when discussion ends)
How we got here.
Challenges, Successes, Failures.
Q & A Session
Past Attendees Include:
- Bentworth School District
- Canon-McMillan School District
- Cray Education Center
- Ellwood City Area School District
- Farrell Area School District
- Grove City Area School District
- Lakeview Area School District
- Laurel Area School District
- Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center
- Neshannock Township School District
- New Castle Area School District
- Reynolds School District
- Sharpsville Area School District
- Union Area School District
- West Middlesex Area School District
- Wyalusing Area School District