Kindergarten Registration Information
Wilmington Area School District would like to announce Kindergarten Registration for the fall of 2023. If you have a child who will be 5 years old on or by August 15, 2023, check out our Transition to Kindergarten information! Online enrollment opens on February 20, 2023.
Registering new students is easy! Everything can be done online from the comfort of home. Follow the instructions to the right depending on if you’re a new Greyhound parent or if you’re enrolling an additional Greyhound.
District Enrollment Coordinator
Registration/Enrollment for all new students can be completed online.
Parents/Guardians of the incoming student(s) that have no other student(s) actively enrolled in the District, can register their first Greyhound via this link: https://wasd.almastart.com
- Go to the link above
- Click Create Account. This will allow you to create a parent account.
- Once you have verified your email, log into your new account.
- Click the + to add a student and begin the process
Parents/Guardians of existing students registering a new Greyhound can complete registration directly within their existing Alma account.
- Log into your existing Alma account (https://sis.wasd.school)
- Once you are logged into your account you will click the round circle in the right corner of the screen
- Click Alma Start.
- You will then click the + to add a new student and begin the process.
Families who do not have internet access can call our enrollment coordinator to schedule an in-person appointment.
Immunizations Required for School in Pennsylvania: School Vaccination Requirements for Attendance in PA Schools(pdf)
Pennsylvania law requires students to have a physical and dental examination prior to OR during the Kindergarten year of school.
Overview of Kindergarten Registration
Families should complete the online registration process (links above). An in-person assessment of your kindergartener will be held in the spring prior to the beginning of Kindergarten.
Children must be five years old before August 15 to enroll in kindergarten or six years old before August 15 to enroll in first grade.
To help prepare you for online registration, here are the documents you will be required to provide (via electronic upload) in order to enroll your child:
- Two proofs of residency (list of acceptable documents provided within the questionnaire)
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Your child’s immunization record
- Custody/Court papers if needed