January 20, 2021
We are looking forward to welcoming your children back to school! We have all missed their smiling faces in the classrooms/hallways of our buildings and on our school buses.
As we begin transitioning to in-person learning, there are a few things we would like to bring to your attention.
- We will continue to have an elementary run (K-4) and a secondary run (5/6). Pick-up times will remain the same as before
- Fourth grade will get dropped off at the HS/MS gymnasium entrance, where they will be able to get grab and go breakfast. Grab and go breakfasts will be available to all grade level
- Ventilation is important to help stop the spread of Covid-19. The teachers have been instructed to crack the windows open in the classrooms. Bus drivers have also been told to keep a few of the windows cracked, as well as the roof hatches. Please dress your children appropriately for these conditions
- Children will be required to wear their masks in the classrooms and on the buses
- Students will have assigned seats on the buses. Siblings will be assigned to the same seat
- The elementary will dismiss at 3:25, which is a half hour later than at the beginning of the year. Therefore, your children will arrive home approximately a half hour later than their usual drop-off time in the afternoon
- The fifth and sixth grade students will dismiss at 2:35 p.m., which is also a half hour later than at the beginning of the year. Therefore, your children will arrive home approximately a half hour later than their usual drop-off time in the afternoon
- Please notify your child’s school if you intend to transport your child. Also, send a note to your child’s teacher
Thank you for working together with us as a team. This has been a very challenging time for everyone and we appreciate all that you have done. Our thoughts are with those of you and your family members who have been directly impacted by this awful virus. Stay safe and healthy!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding transportation. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgSincerely,
Melda M. Irwin